Before forming ET Law, Eric Terry accumulated a wealth of experience by acting as a briefing attorney for two well respected federal judges and practicing for over 16 years at one of America’s largest law firms with one of the largest and most experienced business reorganization practice groups.
ERIC’S EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Represent 19 tenancies in common as debtors-in-possession in Chapter 11 of UTSA Apartments 8, LLC, et al. Successfully sold all of the assets to Arris for $33.5 million.
- Represent debtor-in-possession in Chapter 11 of Laredo WO, LTD, which owns a tract of land in Georgetown, Texas consisting of approximately 1100 acres.
- Represent debtor-in-possession in Chapter 11 of Olmos Equipment Inc.
- Represent certain tort claimants in Chapter 11 case of SEER Environmental Materials, LLC regarding dispute over insurance proceeds.
- Represent certain tort claimants in Chapter 7 case of OGA regarding dispute over insurance proceeds
- Represented reorganized Lothian Oil, Inc.
- Represented agent for senior secured term lenders owed $1.4 billion from global multi-product conglomerate company, Spectrum Brands, Inc. and its affiliated debtors.
- Represented secured lender in Chapter 11 of Lajitas in San Antonio, Texas.
- Represented the entity that successfully acquired Swift Instruments.
- Represented Creditors’ Committee in Hardwood P-G in San Antonio, Texas.
- Represented secured lenders in the Chapter 11 case of Amcast Industrial Corporation and in related adversary proceeding.
- Represented Creditors’ Committee in National Benevolent Association, a not-for-profit corporation that owns and operates senior living facilities and facilities for developmentally disabled adults and juveniles. NBA is one of the largest not-for-profit corporations ever to seek Chapter 11 relief.
- Represented agent for working capital lenders in Chapter 11 of Texas Petrochemicals, L.P.
- Represented Tri-Union Development Corporation as debtor-in-possession in successful reorganization.
- Represented the largest pre-petition secured creditor and Debtor in Possession lender in Chapter 11 of Moll Industries, Inc. in San Antonio, Texas.
- Represented various health care providers with their defense in significant preference litigation.
- Represented the entity that successfully acquired Mooney Aircraft Corporation.
- Represented the largest health care provider in San Antonio in a successful settlement of its claims against a debtor IPA and the debtor’s HMO.
- Represented asset acquirer in connection with Chapter 11 case of National Gypsum Company involving asbestos liability issues.
- “A Potpourri of Stupid and/or Clever Tactics in Bankruptcy Cases: Ethical Considerations,” co-author with Robin Phelan, Jordan Bailey and Abigail Ottmers, 2012 Sun Mountain Bankruptcy Seminar, June 15-16, 2012.
- “Finance Reform,” Co-Author with John Podvin and Kendra Mayer, Association of Corporate Counsel, South/Central Texas Chapter Newsletter, Spring 2011.
- “Quicker Resolutions: Prepackaged bankruptcies help companies get back on their feet fast,” quoted by author, San Antonio Business Journal, May 21, 2010.
- “Fall Down – Go Boom! Lessons from the Mega Cases 2008-2010,” Co-Author with Robin Phelan, Abigail Ottmers and Stephen Manz, 2010 Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute Seminar, March 19, 2010.
- “Trashing the Promenade, The Company Town, The Dead Debtor and Many Other Recent Anomalies and Contradictions From Bankruptcyland,” Co-Author with Robin Phelan, Abigail Ottmers and Stephen Manz, 2010 Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute Seminar, March 18, 2010.
- “Overview of Chapter 11 and Bankruptcy Schedules,” 2012 Texas Bankruptcy Law Clerk Seminar, Co-Author with Abigail Ottmers.
- “Hedge Funds and Bankruptcy: A Debtor’s Garden of Eden Includes Hedge Funds These Days,” 24th Annual Advanced Business Bankruptcy course, May 11, 2006, Co-Author with Lenard Parkins.
- “Joe Isuzu on the Witness Stand and How to Examine Him (Her) (It),” American Bankruptcy Institute 22nd Annual Spring Meeting, Washington, D.C., April 15-18, 2004, Co-Author with Robin Phelan.
- “Bankruptcy and Insolvency Issues for Partnerships, LLCs, and Their Owners – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,” Texas Journal of Business Law, Vol. 39, No. 1., Spring 2003, Co-Author with Steven Waters.
- “Reducing Preference Exposure – What your Buyer Giveth, Congress and the Bankruptcy Code May Taketh Away,” San Antonio Business Journal, January 2002, Co-Author with Steven Waters.
- “Just a Closer Walk with Thee Honorable Hippo,” San Antonio Lawyer, September/October 2000 Edition.
Briefing Attorney for the Honorable Ronald B. King, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division, 1995-1996 and for the Honorable H.F. Garcia, U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division, 1996-1997.
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association, Commercial Law Section
- Bankruptcy Committee
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Former Federal Law Clerks Society
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association,
- San Antonio/Austin Chapter
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School
of Law, 1995
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1991, magna cum laude
- Texas, 1995